L/H Light/Heavy Restraint Straps
Type: Light, 1200mm long, 100mm bend.
H and L Straps are designed to The Building Regulations, BS 5268 Part 3 and other building standards for vertical and horizontal restraint when connnecting timber floor and roof stystems to masonry walls.
- Heavy restraint straps meet requirements for lateral restraint of roof trusses, rafters and joists tied into masonry walls.
- Light restraint straps are designed for vertical loads such as wall plates on top of masonry walls.
- All common sizes in stock from 500 to 2000mm long.
Material: H: 30mm x 5mm, L:30mm x 2.5mm, mild steel.
Finish: Z300 pre-galvanised and edge coated.
Simpson Light/Heavy Restraint Straps Installation: Use all specified fasteners.
- Horizontal lateral restraint straps should be spaced not more than 2m centres and attached to at least 3 timber members through the use of noggings and packing. Attach to timber members with four stell screws for four 4mm x 75mm round nails for roofs and two into each joist for floors. The bend length should be a minimum of 100mm and should be positioned at the centre of an uncut block or brick.
- Vertical restraint strapping should be at least 1m long. Where straps are fixed to masonry, hardened nails 4mm x 75mm long or wood screws into plugs #12 x 50mm long should be used. The number of fixings should be in accordance witht the design requirements and the lowest fixing should be located within 150mm of the bottom of the vertical strap.
Pdf Information Sheet for Simpson Restraint Straps Light and Heavy